From our Ashbourne base we service all of County Meath and Dublin.
Providing Funeral Services Since 1994
Michael Ryan Funeral Directors offer a complete undertaking service where we will consult with you , and make all the necessary arrangements on your behalf. In the present climate we provide a range of choices that will provide a quality service and discuss openly all costs with you – so you can make the appropriate choices for your loved one.
Our service to you starts with that first phone call
We can provide information about additional resources available to the bereaved family e.g. leaflets and booklets exploring grief, self care reading materials,lists of suitable organisations and reference websites providing additional support to families at this time.
Our promise to you
As members of the Irish Association of Funeral Directors, we seek to provide at all times the best possible service to you, in a caring, dignified and sensitive manner.
View our interior and exterior
Complete information about funeral service offered by us
When a death occurs
For example we will
- make contact with the hospital/nursing home, church, cemetery or crematorium
- we will assist in composing the announcement for the papers/radio
- we will assist in selecting the coffin
- we will advise on the choice of clothing
- we will arrange for transportation for the removal and funeral
- we will advise and assist on decisions relating to flowers, organists, soloists, church offerings, clergy fees and gratuities
The cost of a funeral
- Charges by the Funeral Director, to include the coffin, the removal of the deceased, the embalming of the body, and our professional fee for the arrangement and co-ordination of the funeral
- Disbursements paid out by us on your behalf to include grave purchase, grave opening and closing, cremation fees, newspapers, radio stations, organist, soloist, church offerings and gratuities.
The cost each funeral will vary depending on the funeral chosen. We will provide you with an estimate of the cost based on your wishes. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time for details of the cost of a funeral. At your request we are happy to advise all costs are fully known to you and effect a budget that is both affordable and reflects the dignity of the whole funeral service.
- obtaining the necessary documentation in the locality
- presenting the documentation to procure permits for the destination country
- prepare the body for shipment
- complete all travel arrangements
- advise on the cost involved
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries on Repatriation.
Embalming is the sanitation and presentation of the body, achieved by the injection of a treated solution into the curculatory system. This returns a more natural appearance to the deceased.
Our Embalming Service is fully approved by the EHO
The options for disposal are:
- Private Disposal
- Interment or private ceremony in a garden of remembrance
- Interment in a columbarium wall
We will arrange and advise you on all the necessary documentation necessary in relation to the cremation.
Please contact us for any queries.
Advanced Funeral Planning
We will meet with you in the strictest confidence at our office or in your home and will discuss, advise and assist you in all aspects of advanced funeral planning.
A copy of your wishes will be drawn up and copies can be forwarded to your solicitor/executor and therefore ensure that your wishes will be carried out when the time comes.
For any queries, please contact us.
Ashbourne Funeral Home
Frederick Street, Ashbourne, Co. Meath